Have you ever taken a moment to think about what you already accomplished before you start on your rant about what you don’t have, what you should do by now, and what somebody else already accomplished at your age? If you haven’t, take a moment now! We tend to focus on everything we don’t have because we want what we want. We see ourselves at a particular place, knowing damn well it is still all about our status. It is that same ole’ thing we see when we watch European, British movies that talk about being ruin and people’s reputation. Did you think things changed that much? No!
Instead of focusing on what you don’t have! Focus on your accomplishments goals you have already achieved. I wrote my first book in 2008, Mad Passion. There are a lot of people still trying to write their first book. Celebrate that you had the nerve to push on. Pat yourself on the back, treat yourself to something nice, go out and eat your favorite foods.
You are successful!
If you feel you haven’t accomplished anything meaningful yet, just start small. Like Oprah says, “Passion is energy. Feel the power that comes from focusing on what excites you.” Find a career that excites you.
I also know sometimes you have to take success where you can get it. If you manage to make it an entire week at work without wanting to beat somebody’s ass or cuss somebody out. You are successful.
If you were able to get past your final exams, you are successful.
If you received a promotion at work or a job offer, you are successful.
Speak positivity into your life, no matter what.
- Don’t dwell on the woulda, shoulda, coulda! Because if you still are waking up in the morning and healthy, you still have time to accomplish the woulda, shoulda, coulda.
- Don’t focus on the insult that society, your family, and friends incite from their mouths when they know not what they say. They just want you and know you can do better.
- Just do better! You know where you are and where you want to be in your life. Understand that you are not a victim of your environment.
- Understand and acknowledge that you are meant to do good. Your purpose doesn’t stop at one job or job loss. It expands and levels up!
- Understand that your life may be heading you in a different direction, preparing you for what is coming next, So don’t worry about what other people are doing.
- It’s about the changing of the mind and how you look at things going on in your life. We also need to keep in mind that rejection is not the end. It’s not an attack on your character. It’s about growth and research
- It’s pushing yourself beyond the limits away from your comfortability.
“You’ll be sayin’ no, no, no, no, no | When it’s really yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.” These are lyrics that speak volumes to the issue of rejection. Rejection is just the universe warning you that there is still work to do. I once came up with a quote that said, “A fail order is just another creation” It’s your second, third, fourth chance to figure out what you are missing. It’s you going to a book store, meeting someone, and having a conversation that possibly connected the dots for you. Since we are human beings with impatience in our veins, trying to get what we want now, we tend to make mistakes without realizing it. The rejection notice is your homework for looking at things from a different perspective. It’s you deleting your favorite character that you love from your book because it just doesn’t fit.
We forget that we set the tone for what is given to us by what we focus on. For example, your boyfriend or girlfriend breaking up with you. We have all been in a slump to get depressed about something we didn’t get. We complain, we cry, we don’t want to do anything. Not realizing you are one step closer to rediscovering yourself. That access stress was released. Now your paths are in the open to new successful opportunities in love. That person taught you some more things about what you liked and did not like in a man or woman. Taught you more about yourself─your good and bad qualities. Therefore, it was a success. Put your big boy pants on, your big girl panties on, and own it. You accomplished getting to know more about yourself.
Your accomplishments can range from all areas of your life, and they need to be celebrated. So we don’t be walking around with underlying issues because of our society’s perception of us, our family’s perception of us, and our friend’s perception of us being unable to accept rejection. Rejection is just life’s resource tool for growth. Therefore, celebrate, celebrate, celebrate what you’ve already accomplished because you have more in you.