I am in Bliss!
Why? Because I am in control of my life. Every morning I say my positive affirmations. Positive affirmations keep me motivated and in a positive mindset each day. Even when I am having a bad day, I am having a good day because I know myself even more. I know what pissed me off, so I can now avoid it. I just learned something about myself. Why is that not a good thing? This is my way of keeping myself empowered. As the famous Bernard M. Baruch stated, “The art of living lies less in eliminating our troubles than growing with the.” If we change the way we think, we will find more possibilities for us, needing not sit in our self-made misery. Therefore, I am Bliss! I am in Bliss! I am self-empowered!
What does self-empowerment mean?
When you are self-empowered, you are mindful of your decisions because you understand that you’re in control of your life. You are motivated, positive, confident, and strategic about executing decisions and taking action for the betterment of your life. You are fully aware of your strengths and weaknesses and are open-minded to keep learning to achieve your goals.
The problem with many of us is that we need to be aware of self-powered action-taking. In 2017, when I was laid off from my job, I went back to applying for jobs online, and I landed a temp job for a couple of months, which was good, but this was a passive action-taking, not self-empowered move. We’ve been fooled by online job searching that we don’t take enough action. Not only do you continue to apply for research opportunities, but you also have to network with new and old colleagues, update your resume, and update your skills, which might mean returning to school.
Tips for being self-empowered
Your drive is your focus point when you are determined to be self-powered. Acknowledge what you can and cannot control, work with your purpose, and be self-driven. Here are five tips for self-empowerment:
1. Keep an optimistic mind frame and positive perspective when talking about yourself . Being optimistic allows you to control your life, work with your passion, rely on your strength, and be aware of your weakness, believe in your ability instead of relying on destiny, chance, or incidents. You are also mindful of the things you say out of your mouth about yourself. Being positive about yourself allows you to have limitless possibilities. There is “no, I cannot do it” with anything because you can learn to do it if you’re interested.
2. Create smart goals and an action list. Smart goals allow a person to be specific about their goals, a way for you to measure them, and achievable because they must be realistic and relevant to your principles, aspirations, and purpose. Lastly, a time frame that you need to achieve your goals. A good way to stay on track is to create an action list. According to indeed, “An action item list is a collection of tasks or actions someone can complete that help them reach a larger goal.”
3. Stand in your assertiveness. You cannot be timid about what you need, how you feel, and your thoughts and opinions. You know what they say, “mean what you say and say what you mean.” Being empowered means there is also no need to feel guilt-ridden about speaking your truth.
4. Develop self-care routines for yourself. You have to ensure you are okay and remember that you cannot care for anybody else if you are not okay. So be aware of some bad habits that could affect your health. Therefore, exercise, eat right, and spend some time doing things you love to do.
5. The people around you should be positive. Sometimes, if you are not careful, you become as negative as the people you are around. They need to be positive, be able to uplift you, or help you when you are in need rather than suck the energy out from under you.
Empower yourself. As Joyce Meyer says, “A positive attitude gives you power over your circumstances instead of your circumstances having power over you.” We all have to remember that we might not have the life we aspect to have at the expected age, but there is positivity in everything. Be empowered to take the necessary steps to improve your life.